Friday, May 18, 2012

Happy Late Mother's Day

Happy late Mother's Day to everyone.

I waited to do this post for a couple of reason.  One, I can only blog on my weekend (Saturday, Sunday and Monday).  My husband and I own a restaurant.  We are there pretty much all day through the week.  Last weekend I was busy finishing up my Mother's day present for my mom.  So I wasn't able to do this post.  Secondly,  I didn't want to reveal my mom's present until after I gave it to her which was on Monday.

Here is what I was working on.

(I am still working on my photography, so please don't judge!)

I found this wreath tutorial through a link party and I thought it would really fit my parent's front door perfectly. 

The wreath was done by Jody at Homey Home Design.  I didn't do anything different.  I am kind of a copy cat sometimes.  Also, I have never crafted anything.  This was my first attempt at making a wreath.  I must say I am pretty proud that the wreath looks as good as Jody's.  Thanks Jody for posting the tutorial that helped me make my first wreath.



I got the best Mother's Day present ever.  It was actually my very first Mother's Day present.  You see, I don't have kids.  I have dog's.  I decided very early on that I didn't want to have kids and have stuck with that decision.  So I usually don't get to participate in the festivities.

This year, my fantastic husband surprised me with a dozen pink roses and 4 cards from each of my dogs.  He wrote from each dog's perspective.  It was the cutest and sweetest thing ever.  He really nailed their personalities.  It is honestly the best present I have ever got in my whole life.



I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day.  I know that I did.  Is there anyone else out there in blogland that doesn't get to experience Mother's Day because they have made the decision not to have kids?  I would love to hear from you.  Some times I feel like I am the only one out there.  Haha!

Tomorrow I will be posting what I have been up to the past few weekends that has taken me away from projects in my home.




2 comments:

  1. Lauren, it looks amazing! Great job!!! Thanks for trying it! I'm not sure what the issue is with google follower, I'm having other issues with them lately too, like losing a bunch of my pictures from older posts! Oh well! Thanks for trying anyways! Good luck with your blog!

    ReplyDelete