Saturday, January 12, 2013

Entry Sneak Peek

Hi guys.  

I would like to welcome the new followers that signed up because of my very first link party.  Thanks for following my little blog.

I have been extremely busy this week with personal things and haven't been able to make any more progress on our kitchen.  My husband's grandfather passed away Tuesday night.  We finally wrapped up the closing of our restaurant and yesterday we drove to Culpeper, Virginia to pick up a car.

While in Virginia, I did manage to stop by the Woodbridge Ikea.


If you are new to my blog, you wouldn't know that I am on a mission to visit all of the Ikea's in the US.  I have been to 4 now counting the one from yesterday.  I was also looking to buy 2 Erslev rugs that my local Ikea in Pittsburgh does not carry.  Unfortunately, the Woodbridge Ikea didn't have any left.  So I still don't have the rugs that I needed for 2 rooms, but the good news is that the thing that I needed to finish my kitchen I can buy online.

Here are a few rooms that I liked at this Ikea.



Since the kitchen is kind of at a stand still, I thought I would show you a sneak peek at our entry.


I used the Hollywood Square stencil from Royal Design Studio.  It was the very first time I have stenciled anything.  It isn't perfect if you look closely.  But it is good enough for me.

I also made this spoon sunburst mirror after seeing this tutorial by Blue Cedar Lane.

The front door is to left in this picture and the door that goes down to our basement is on the right.  (You can see that I painted the trim around each door black)

I still need to put another coat of paint on the front door and paint the floor.  I am also going to add decorative hooks to hang coats and umbrellas.  It isn't quite done, but it is coming along.

Don't forget that my first link party is still going on here.  Also, every Tuesday evening I will be hosting a new party.  I hope that the party can continue to grow.  It is a lot of fun to see what my followers have been up to in their own houses.

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see more of the entry! I adore that stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about your week, I do know that when it rains, it pours, weather good or bad unfortunately. Hopefully, things will get better now. I love your wall, I also did a stenciled wall, and it's far from perfect, but only I can really see it. Can't wait for the reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowsers! LOL. This turned out amazing! Keep up the amazing work! I'd love to come back and see more.

    ReplyDelete