Saturday, February 16, 2013

The Liebster Blog Award

Hello everyone!  

I am taking a break from painting in the office at the moment to let you know that Two Everyday Divas has nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award.

The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers.  It is to show that you are appreciated and spread the word about your blog.  I am honored that another blogger wants to help me get some attention in blogland.  It really means a lot to me.  
Liebster Blog Award

Per the rules of the award, I have to tell you a little bit about me, answer some questions and nominate some other new blogs.  So here we go.

11 Random Things About Me


1.  My husband is my best friend.  I know everyone says that but, he really is.  We do everything together and we actually like to be together.

2.  I love strawberries.  I could eat them for every meal every day.

3.  When I was little, I wanted to be a fashion designer.  I had a subscription to Vogue magazine at the age of 8 or 9 and watched a show called Style with Elsa Klensch on CNN as much as I could.  I am still into fashion and have seen every episode of Project Runway.  I just started sewing last year, so maybe there is still hope that I can be a fashion designer.  

4.  I have 10 tattoos.  I would like to get more some day but, they just aren't as important to me as they once was.

5.  I love Gwen Stefani and her music. (You'll see how much I love her here soon in a room reveal)

6.  I am really into sports.  Football is my favorite, but I really like hockey and baseball too.  I even like monster trucks (not sure if that counts as a sport).

7.  I have 2 blogs.  This one and a fashion blog called Punky Little DIYer.

8.  I have 4 dogs that are like my kids.  3 miniature pinschers and a chihuahua.  They have their own room.  You can see it here.

9.  I am named after Lauren Hutton who was a top model the year I was born.

10.  I live in Ohio and I am a huge Michigan Wolverine fan.  If you don't know anything about college football, Michigan and Ohio State is a huge rivalry.  It gets ugly.  So I live amongst the enemy.

11.  I hate moving.  I have moved about 20 different times in the past 15 years.  I liked decorating all the places I have lived in, but moving is so exhausting.

Questions from my Nominator:


1.  Sweet or Salty?

I have to eat something sweet after dinner every night.  A piece of chocolate, a cookie or a handful of strawberries.  It has to be sweet.

2.  If you were stranded on a desert island with one craft supply, what would it be?

I would have to say some type of glue.  I am always gluing something.

3.  Would you say you are technically savvy or technical not so much?

I am very technically savvy.  I love my gadgets especially my ipad.  I would be lost without them.

4.  What was your New Year's Resolution this year?  Have you kept up with it?

I didn't really make any resolutions this year.  If anything, I wanted to grow my blog and get more followers.  If I am getting this award, I guess it is going well.

5.  What was the single best day of your life?

The single best day of my life is the day I met my husband.  My life changed forever.

6.  What was your best personal hairstyle?

This is my best hairstyle.  I need to go back to it.

7.  What was your worst personal hairstyle?

I don't have a picture of it.  My mom would have it.  When I was little, I had a rat tail.  I don't know what I was thinking.  It looked hideous.

8.  If you could spend an entire day with a person of your choice, who would you choose and what would you do?

I would love to spend every day with my husband.  We have so much fun together.  We would play miniature golf and badminton.  Then we would eat yummy food.  Finish the day by watching Pretty Little Liars.  Just a regular day for us.

9.  What candle scent do you prefer?

Vanilla or sugar cookie.

10.  Are you a city mouse or country mouse?

I would say a city mouse.  I am from West Virginia, but I never really belonged there.

11.  What is your lucky number?

I have so many.  If I have to pick one, I would say 24.

Here are my nominees for the Liebster Award:

  9.  Design Fluff

The Rules for the bloggers I nominated:


1.  Add the award icon into your blog
2.  Link to your nominator and say thank you
3.  Post 11 random things about yourself
4.  Answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you
5.  Nominate 11 bloggers (and let them know)
6.  Post 11 new questions to the bloggers you nominated

Questions for my nominees:


  1.  What is something you would like to achieve in 2013?
  2.  What do you collect?
  3.  What is your favorite blog and why?
  4.  Name a person you would like to be for one day?
  5.  If they made a movie about your life, who would play you?
  6.  Looking out your front door, what do you see or show a picture  of what you see?
  7.  Silver or Gold?
  8.  Who is your most hated celebrity and why?
  9.  What is your favorite TV show?
10.  What is your favorite color combination?
11.  Why did you start a blog?

2 comments:

  1. How fun! Thanks for the nomination, Lauren! I'll be posting my responses on Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren, I loved reading this. My favorite part: "It gets ugly. I live amongst the enemy." Haha! Love it.
    Thanks so much for nominating me! It means a lot. I recently (well, a few months ago?) received this award, so I may not address it on my blog, but please know that I'm honored that you like my little dry-humored slice of the cyberworld. :)
    Have a wonderful weekend. Thanks again.
    -Brittney
    http://smartgirlstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete